The Lazy Blogger

Everyone wants to be a blogger. I just want to be a lazy one.

Sunday, September 03, 2006

I've been tagged!

Ok time to do a bit of spring cleaning since I've got people (yeah, there are actually people reading what I've got to say) that my blog is collecting cobwebs. But look at it this way; I have to keep up with my blogging title. Being Lazy has its advantages. People do not expect you to write. Or rather I don't expect myself to write and still feel pretty contented about it.

Anyway I better get to the point before I put everyone to sleep on a mundane Monday morning... I am still feeling a little fuzzy over the Merdeka weekend. I came into the office turned on my PC and someone (yes you... stop grinning) put me on the alter table and told me that I've been tagged. Gosh tagged. I mean... The only tagging I know is when you are 13 and you beg your sister to bring you out to the movies with her and her friends and she reluctantly agrees but only to let you walk 5 steps behind her for the fear of being seen by their potential love interest. Yeah that is tagging to me.

But since I've got not very much to write and Donny (No it started off with Kenny first) initiated the tagging business (hmmm... why do I have this impression that they are getting profit outta this thing) I would graciously comply. (Donny I will get you for this.... grrrr....)

Ok! Here are 6 facts about me.

#1 - The Geek in Me.
I am quirky. Yes for some odd reason, I tend to like things that most people would deem weird. Example, I used to have this Van Gogh sunflower organizer way back in form one. (We didn't have things like fancy hand phones or mp3's to bring to school then so all things stationary, book bands, transparent pencil cases and fancy mechanical pencils were the rage then, oh and of course the organizer). Being the geek that I am, it was cool to be holding one. Most people would have the standard black ones and I have to go get a yellow flowery smaller than the average size ones to prove that I can be geeky but cool. Yeah it was cool all right. Well at least to me it was. But with the other 2987 population of the school body thinks that I have gone outta my mind. Oh well... At least mine still goes down in history as the ugliest or prettiest (that's my rendition) organizer. From that onwards, my taste in all things has just skyrocketed into weird animal print tube tops, orange jelly slippers that no one would be caught dead wearing and other quirky stuff that I think would be better off placed in the vault.

#2 Peas and greens
I have a thing about peas and broccolis. Ok this is a tad bit too much information, but I am going to write it anyway. When I was in Uni, there weren't many things that I like to eat in the dorm, one being their horrendous minestrone soup (that we all know is recycled from the previous day dinner of spaghetti) or that awful lamb pie or some other non gastronomical food that would want to literally put you in front of the toilet bowl with verbal and anal diarrhea, I'd have to resort to eating a lot of peas and broccolis to keep me full. Being the cheapskate that I am, that was the only bottomless food that is deem edible. I'd eat the whole plate of them since there is nothing else I could eat and would start having this farting and burping action thing going on. At first I thought about being at least considerate and polite about the whole thing, while excusing myself and fart in a corner or something, But then because my mates always hang out in my pad after dinner everyday, I figured, hey I can't be running out from my room every 5 minutes to fart. So I've resort do it in front of em and see a flood of 6 to 7 people moving out from my room for a good ol 3 minutes and they'd checked to see if the toxic smell has gone off. Yeah... So much for having the niceties of inviting your friends to your room and fart on em. Muahahaha but I like that too. Till this day at least there were no known casualties and I guess having my everyday dose of antidote does make all of em look younger than their actual age.

#3 My Memory Bank
I love to write on my journal. Yeah what to do, being a geek that I am and not having the most profound memory bank (what did I just say again) oh yeah, my journal writing... I'd record events, feelings and all the other Assam and Garam into that little piece of book called a journal. I'd refrain from using diary for it sounded too sentimental and I am trying to be a though chick here. Anyway, it always starts off as Dear Diary... And I'd start writing for hours. Not that my life is particularly interesting but sometimes I think I like to see the ink gliding through every white pages like it's some kinda icing on a cake. Yeah don’t' tell me, it's sick.

#4 Road Trip
I like to go on bus rides. Before I could afford a car way back then, the only form of traveling from point A to B was to 1) Beg your friends to drive you around 2) Threatened them to drive you if not they will encounter dreadful consequences 3) Try to come up with some sob stories so mom and dad would take pity on their only daughter who is utterly helpless and have them drive you around or 4) just take the damn bus. Save the worlds problems. So most of the time I'd end up taking the bus. Even made friends with the driver and he'd sometimes waive my bus ticket. Anyway, sometimes when I am feeling really bored or there are times when I need a breather, i'd just hop on a bus and go for joyrides. It was a cheap way to see the city.

#5 Family and Friends
I reckon family is your friends and your friends are your family. I am very closely connected to these two aspects in my life and I think it does help me form who I am today. (Ok bring out the Kleenex for the sentimental speech is coming right after the commercial break)... I want to thank my mother my father, my brother, my pet hamster, my neighbour and a couple of lousy friends (but I love em all) a big smooch on their cheeks!

#6 Others
There are so many other things that I am or I like or I dislike (ok this is not about tagging anymore, I've digressed beyond the normal boundaries) but I'll try to cramp random things I could think of. I love colours, lots and lots of em, don't ask me why, my profession asks for it and I am glad I happen to love colours, I love art though I can't paint nor draw for nuts but I can roughly doodle a peanut if you ask me to. I am into kittens and Maltese. Though I can't afford the ones I saw in Pets Wonderland, I love my beer ice cold and my latter warm and creamy. I love going to parks though the sun here can make you melt before you could even step out from your house, I love fashion, I love pop culture, but I love anything retro. Preferably anything from the 50's to the early 70's. I hate the 80's with shoulder pads and pineapple hairstyle yeah I think I shall stop here.

So there you go, I've finally managed to churn out a piece of incoherent ramblings on yet again a dowdy Monday morning. Gosh I need my nescafe!

7 Comments:

  • At 8:15 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Eh... y u mention my name ah? Blame Don... not me, (Don dun kill me ah) kekekeke. come we 'wat' him for yam seng. Wakakaka

     
  • At 3:24 AM, Blogger hhhhhhhhhhhhhhh said…

    aiyo wan me buy drinks oni wut... NO PROBLEMO!
    YAM SENG!

    there done
    hahahahaha
    :p

    Come anytime... good frens talak kira..

     
  • At 11:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    #2 is crude but damn funny.

     
  • At 9:00 AM, Blogger Cocka Doodle said…

    Waaa....wrote so long. So much to read. See, you are not lazy after all.
    Nice tag.

     
  • At 5:26 PM, Blogger The Lazy Bloghead said…

    Kenny & Don : Yes amongst all the yum sing part sounds tempting. Let's hop on to TNS and get some of those tantalizing English Herbal Tea.

    Tux : Thanks. But honestly, I think it's more gross than funny but I'd like to bluff myself into thinking it's ok.

    Anon : I went to check out the link. Looks good but haven't had the time to read more. Thanks.

    Cocka : Kakaka, have to lo. Since you say i've been collecting cobwebs. Hmmm... Maybe I should rename my blog to lazy spidey or something.

     
  • At 2:34 AM, Blogger Cocka Doodle said…

    Anybody home? Hellooooo.....

     
  • At 4:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ........and 3rd sept is my birthday~!
    not once mentioned... sigh...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home