The Lazy Blogger

Everyone wants to be a blogger. I just want to be a lazy one.

Thursday, August 10, 2006

The joy of being Quirky...

Quirky?


Ok it's almost 9.30pm now on a rather unexciting Thursday evening. I am sitting here right in front of my computer trying to surf for cheap hotel rooms for my upcoming trip and at the same time trying to finish up my freelance job that has been lying around for the longest time. Though I am looking forward to the long awaited holiday I wasn't really in the mood to surf for hotel rooms. Firstly, when you are traveling on a budget, budget hotel rooms do not really appeal you. Hence your inner voice would tell you to click on something more appealing that you'll know you can't afford... So yeah, researching for cheap budget hotel rooms are no easy task. In fact it's downright depressing. So to make myself feel a little better, I went on completing my freelance... With the consolation that at least I am doing something productive.

Wrong!

The moment I opened the art files, I let out the most humongous yawn ever in the face of humankind and seriously I am not joking. If I have a measuring tape it'll stretch from the Atlantic Sea right up to the South China Sea.
My next attempt is to check my friendster account to see if anyone is nice enough to drop me a message. Darn, nothing. Went on looking at other people's profile and continued doing that for several times till I let out another whale of a yawn. (Literally speaking) while Carol King is singing "Natural Woman" over the radio.

This made me have a go to write something about an article I read not too long ago... (Gosh finally I am getting to the point why this thing is being written)... "You make me feel; you make me feel like a natural woman..." I could hear Ms King crooning way back there. Wow, what a song. Don't get me wrong, I am no power Oprah nor am I Hillary Clinton. In fact I am far from those two icons.

Ok pull me back please... This thing can go on forever if I don't get to my point...
The article (yes finally finally am getting somewhere) that I read is called "Quirky Alone". For those who know me for a while now know that I've been single since the Jurassic period... Why? Don't ask me... I was trying to figure that out myself for the longest time.
At one point I asked myself, if there is something really wrong with me... But of course, my main worry is not about not being able to get a man... It more of a case as to why am I am not interested in getting one. (Ok, some of you might conclude, oh yeah same case scenario, she's a closet case). Gosh, I love men. In fact I adore them. But to be committed to one is as good as asking me to bungee jump without a string attached. It's suicidal.
No way.

Then this article came along written by SASHA CAGEN, titled "Quirky Alone". Some might ask, what in the name of god is she babbling about this time... Ok let me explain...

Definition of Quirky -
Quirkyalone: noun/adj. A person who enjoys being single (but is not opposed to being in a relationship) and generally prefers to be alone rather than dating for the sake of being in a couple.

That statement itself hit me like a rock. This is exactly like me. It was as if Sasha herself was talking to me. It was the answer to my prayers (ok I am not religious but thought it'll add bulk to my statement). And to add bulk to the article they even come with a quiz of some sort to determine if you're really a quirky alone and I scored 98%.
So that precedes me to reading further what all this quirky business is all about... I shall not dwell further on this, for those who are interested to know more you can log in to www.quirkyalone.net to actually know what i am ratlling about.
Ok back to the quirky business... I was so excited that I forwarded the article to Donny my buddy just to prove my point and threatened him to agree that I am indeed a Quirky Alone.
Poor chap.

I ended up spending the entire day (while still at work using the company resources, its air condition, a cuppa Nescafe and internet connection) surfing for more information on my new discovery. And for once in a very long time I felt like I am really doing something exciting at work. But of course it was totally un-work related.
But that's ok too.

The more I read the more unconsciously nodding my head like the springy doggies where you stick at your dashboard. And I thought being quirky is weird.
In fact after going through the whole in depth list of quirkiness, I am proud to announce that I am quirky. The only difference is, I am no longer a QuirkyAlone but to add to another addition, I am a "Quirky Together" now...
And I am glad. :)

Quirky together: The state of being that results when a quirky alone enters a long-term romantic relationship.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home