The Lazy Blogger

Everyone wants to be a blogger. I just want to be a lazy one.

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Dream On...

I've got to stop taking irrelevant quizzes while at work. After all, they company do not and I repeat do not pay me to write silly articles for my own reading pleasure. I am supposed to visually entice my clients for their visual pleasure (*wink it's not what you think, though if I have the asset I might just as well…)

Kidding :)

For those who doesn't actually know what I do for a living, you can go figure or call me at 012******** for a good time… (I said enough already, no more naughty thoughts)

Ok I really have to stop digressing. If I do it one more time can someone please take a spatula and slap me silly? And I mean it. On second thought maybe not… After all you still need that spatula while you cook. So instead, can you please cook me something nice with that spatula and then hire a couple of Italian men (No I prefer Nordic men - Jude Law looking would be ok by me) to feed me? At least I'll die a happy (mad) woman if the cooking sucks... >_<

See I did it again. Rattling here like a mad woman with one cigarette on my left hand while trying to make out something intelligent. Unfortunately here is how my brains function... On Monday till Wednesday my mind is actually still stuck on the previous weekend. On Thursday I am actually doing something productive or at least I try and by Friday my mind is totally off work for I am thinking of what to do on the coming weekend.

Gosh…

If the company pays me to daydream, I'll be promoted the Vice President by now.

Hmm…

Perhaps working in the food industry (my current job) is not such a good thing since I realized my ultimate talent is to dream and daydream, I must well work for a job in Dreamland Mattresses.

Why?

First of all, they could put me in the R&D Department (R&D=Research & Development. In my case it's Relax & Dream).

My job?
I am paid to sleep. Yes you got that right. They pay me to sleep. As the name depicts, it's Dreamland! How would others know if the product is good if Dreamland does not have their own personal R&D department to make sure all their mattresses comply with its standards?
See that is why I am perfect for this job. They can never find another person so suitable to do the job.

I've also done a bit of research on their products.
Here are a few:

Sleepmaker - (sounds like what the American Indians would call their kids, Dreamwalker, Sleepover, Wind Sleeper...Gosh)
Luxuriance - (I like this one, makes me wonder if Sleeping Beauty did actually slept on one of these)
Aristocrat - (Your majesty, would you like to have some tea with scones? So British)
Chiropractic Series - (Hmmm ...Why do I have the impression that they are jabbing on my age)
Inner Spring - (kinky…*wicked grin)
Kids Series - (How lucky can kids get these days)
Foam, Fibre and Latex - (hmm…. Latex?)

The rest I noticed are just mattress with different fancy names. I reckon they are made with the same thing only giving it a different name. Like you make a sandwich you name it Tasty Tuna, Savoury Tuna, Tuna Extra and so on so forth. Heck! Its still tuna isn't it? Plus it still comes from the same freaking sea! So what difference does it make? (I just had sandwich for lunch so thought about adding this in for the ummph factor but honestly I am digressing again).

It's all made of rubber, foam and some other fibre (not to be confused with your daily breakfast cereal). I figured after a while of typing and looking around my colleagues, I think many people are actually eligible for this job. (Don't ask me why, you go back to your office and take a look around you after lunch and you'll know why).
Everyone's a natural Dreamland employee by then. So to stand out, I have another quality they do not have. (Hard Selling this time, my potential job is at stake)On my previous paragraph I did mention that it's all made out of the same material if not similar and that to be honest I don't care and neither do many of it's customers who are as dense as me but that also is besides the point. Did you notice the size? It's like wearing a T-shirt. No one complains that a T-Shirt is too big for you only when it's too small.
Here is where I come in…
Refer to product no#6 -Kids Series. (For some of you out there, who are trying to steal my potential job, think again)I bet you can't fit into the kid's series. But I can :P For once being short and small does have its advantages. I can fit into the biggest bed and the smallest there is for most of you out there who is now halfway trying to call Dreamland for your dream job you can put the receiver down. You can't fit into the Kids Series bed while I can. Sorry to break your heart dah-lings but that job is still mine. Muahahahaha.

Gosh this is heaven. This is better than dreaming about Italian guys feeding me grapes! Yoo Hoo…Ok behave… People are reading this… (If anyone is reading it at all at this point for they might actually be sleeping after reading the second lines of my inconsequential ramblings)God forbid (See I am also religious),

Drool, drool… Just thinking about it makes me want to hand in my resignation and head over to Dreamland Inc. to beg for a job. My selling point, I am dedicated, I work independently and I love my job so much I don't even mind putting in the extra hours. Ok let's say if I am hired (hallelujah!) ~

My work desk consists of a mattress. How cool is that… I don't even require a chair. I shall name it my matstation as oppose to workstation. I'll replace PCs and keyboards with pillows and comforters. Lunch breaks are not required for I'll be working so hard that I'll not even think about eating. I am more than willing to work for full 8 hours with no lunch break. I do not complain nor make any noise while at work. They don't have to worry about me making outgoing personal calls or take extra hours of lunch break (refer top). The only break I need I guess is that occasional toilet break (hey… everyone needs to relieve themselves once in a while even when they are sleeping ok?).

There are other reasons too why Dreamland should hire me other than the few obvious reasons. But of course now since I know I have such great potential to work for companies of these nature, I could start sending in my resumes not only to Dreamland, but there is Slumberland, King Koil, Sealy (not to be mistaken with Silly or Seal or anything of that sort) and others out there who will be dying to take me into their corporation.

Because of my immense talent I'll have the option to choose and reject which ever company I wish to join. And hopefully by then Dreamland might offer me even more benefits (other than monetary, although that would be most ideal - but we shall go to that on the next chapter) like futon and Egyptian cotton beddings and comforters lined with peacock feathers (huh?!!)
Ok my imagination's running overtime again. Time to smack myself silly and haul myself back to reality.
Sigh…

But that was a good thought! ^V^